Merzouga 4×4 Desert Excursion
The Merzouga 4×4 Excursion is the most ideal idea to discover all the interesting around Merzouga desert. You will explore all the fascinating locations close to the Merzouga desert and Erg Chebbi’s sand dunes.
During this Merzouga excursion by 4×4, you will be allowed to see every part of the Merzouga region, starting from paying a visit to the sub-Saharan families in El Khamlia, a small village found in a few minutes away from Merzouga where the local citizens are well known for their folklore music of Gnawa. This black skin community will be going to perform a show of music and dance in front of you to learn more about this music style.
Moreover, you will visit the Mifis Settlement, a historic village constructed by the French during colonization, and see the seasonal lake of Merzouga and the black stone of the desert where a beautiful view is available to take pictures from.
Visit the nomadic families also included in this tour by 4×4, sitting with these people will let you know more about their lives and culture.
- Explore the dunes of Merzouga In a 4×4 car.
- Visiting Merzouga Lake, a seasonal attraction.
- Listening to traditional desert music at Khamlia Village.
- Having a cup of tea with the Berber nomadic family.
- Beautiful panoramic views.
- Driving in the desert dunes.
Merzouga 4×4 Desert Excursion
Our Merzouga 4X4 desert excursion will begin with a pick-up from your lodging, and we’ll first stop at Hassi Labied oasis, a garden next to the sand dunes that are run by the locals of the town. There, you can watch how the residents transport the water from the sand dunes to the garden using a traditional irrigation system.
Then we go on to Merzouga Lake, a seasonal lake that attracts many migratory birds when it is filled with water. When the lake is dry, we can skip going there.
We’ll keep going till we reach the village of Khamlia, but on the way, we’ll stop to see an automobile museum there as well. We’ll get the chance to listen to and appreciate the Gnawa music played by locals once we reach Khamlia hamlet. These musicians are from Sudan, Mali, and other Sub-Saharan nations.
We will stop at the Black Desert Stone (volcanic stones), a peak with a panoramic view that will be our first stop in the black desert. Before continuing on to the Mifis Settlement, a historic village constructed by the French during colonization, Due to the mineral mines, which still employ some Moroccans, it is also known as the “mines village.”
After that, we’ll visit a nomadic family in the desert who still resides in a tent, where we’ll enjoy a cup of tea and learn about their way of life.
You will be dropped off at your lodging after lunch and returned to Merzouga village or one of the nearby villages by a vehicle on the sand dunes
- We provide a reliable, professional, and friendly service. Also, We will pick you up from your accommodation or airport, take you to the slopes on time and return you safely to your destination
- In addition to the first-class service, we have free wifi, water, pillows, and a wide variety of music in our vehicles for your amazing journey.
- Please contact us for the desired tour, pricing, and more information: [email protected]
IncludedComfortable air-conditioned vehicleEnglish or Spanish speaking driverPick-up and drop-off at your accommodations
Not IncludedAccommodations during the tourBreakfastDinnersDrinksEntry feesLunchSome complementary dinners